Me!

Me!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

31st March 2010



























1st of April tomorrow, can you even believe it? That is ridiculous.

So... I am feeling a little worse for wear today. Had a friend of a friend come to Cape Town for a holiday, from Alaska mind you! So we all went out for dinner and then a whole lot of drinks & shots & drinks & shots! Thank goodness today of all days, I do not have a proper job. I felt so sorry for Marty this morning having to get up early and head off to work. Think I will have to cook him a lovely yummy dinner tonight so that he is happy!

It has been a very busy and productive week though, and I am finally getting my visa application running smoothly. I definitely need to get that done as soon as possible, so that I can have at least one semi normal job... It is just better that way I think! I went for an interview at a very fancy hotel at the Waterfront, and they want me to get in touch when I am 'legal.' Fingers crossed that it will be a success. I think I would actually enjoy working in a hotel you know? Lots of people around, lots of tourists, I would definitely enjoy it. (Maybe some free food?! Hee hee!)

I do so wish I just had one thing that I was interested in doing, all these crazy odd things that I do... painting, writing, photography, dancing, fire dancing (and now breathing I might add!) stilt walking, human tables, human statues, angle grinding, face painting, babysitting, care work.... It is just ridiculous! Why can't I be a normal person, and focus on one thing?! I suppose the one good thing is that (it is not good) I cannot model anymore, due to the 10kgs that appeared last year at some stage in various places... Very depressing stuff... I keep trying to run, dance, do crazy things, but nothing seems to be shifting... Maybe this is it... I am getting old, and I have passed my best years, and now I am middle aged.... Aaaaah! Seriously?! That can't be happening?! Please....?! I really was hoping for just a few more years you know?! At least four?! Before I have to face getting old.... What is going on?!

Getting pretty settled here it seems, often can't believe that I am no longer in London, but I am happy and life ticks on you know?! My little sister is heading back to London, I hope she enjoys herself, meets some new and amazing people, and travels the world a little more. Gosh I miss her, and my mummy & daddy! I guess I always will. Wonder when I will see my brother again too... If only Zimbabwe was a better country and we could all live there like the rest of the world can? It is so unfair you know?! Lets just hope one day we can all be together, even if it is just for a little while...

Pics on this blog is of my new artwork that is for sale here in Cape Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment