Me!

Me!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

23rd Feb 2010


I have been feeling quite down this evening... I am not too sure why?! Perhaps the fact that three of us are staying in a tiny studio apartment, with stuff everywhere and a window that looks out onto another wall. That could be it, couldn't it!? I cannot wait to get out of this so called holiday apartment (they fail to mention the view) and show you the interior, that is fairly stylish and sounds like a deal, but oh no no, it definitely ain't! I can't generally bare being here. Unless of course there is something mildly entertaining on the TV, and perhaps Marty is cooking me something yummy for dinner. (Never fear! I cook too!) Other than that I would rather be out and about, looking around, or on the internet looking for work and communicating with my hommies!


We started exercising last week for the first time in MONTHS! Man, what a week! I tell you though, I pushed through and did kick boxing, ran three times and then very stupidly, got up early Saturday morning and did a British Military Fitness thing! Holy moly I nearly died!!! I won't be doing that for a while, well at least not until I get slightly more fit. This no working, no exercising, eating too much business, is just not on anymore! I feel plumper and plumper everyday! 'No more!' She says! The whole routine started again this week, and this evening we even ran in the rain! I must say I have far more motivation here than I did in London, so at least that is a good thing! We are also on the no carb for dinner vibe too, which is going pretty well, except of course for the odd hangover day! (There is no stopping me then! Aaaah!!!) Tonight we made bangers and 'mash' – well mashed butternut and carrots, so you at least try and con yourself that it is potato! We shall see what else we can invent, and will let you know how we get on! Although, poor Marty, he doesn't need to be on diet, but the poor soul is helping his lady out (with the odd snack of two minute noodles! He loves them!)


So, tomorrow I am off to have a medical done for this visa business, have so much to do it is stressing me out. I will get there though! Luckily I have some amazing people here in Cape Town who are willing to help me out with job offers and certifying this and that, what a relief. I feel as though I am part South African anyway, I wish this wasn't such a mission!


Feeling a bit down that I most probably won't make it to Joey's memorial on Saturday as it just costs too much. I must just be grateful that I had him in my life and that is what counts the most.There are so many people making their way to Bulawayo, what a loved person he was, from far and wide. Memorials in South Africa, Zimbabwe and England.


Then tomorrow evening, we are off to see Avatar, after our run of course! Heard so much about this movie, and even though we have it on DVD we are banned to watch it unless it is 3D, so hope we enjoy it! Half price movies on Wednesdays though, so no feet up in front this time! Bummer!


Feeling happier as I write, what a wonderful pleasure it is. Hope you are all okay and will write again soon.... X

No comments:

Post a Comment