Me!

Me!

Monday, March 8, 2010

8th March 2010



















I have been back from Zimbabwe now for five days, and it has been a busy five days at that! I was so happy that I got to go back to Zimbabwe for Joey, and my wonderful mum kindly paid for my flight back from Bulawayo to Johannesburg so that I could stay for a few more days which was very nice of her. It is never good to see your family for a day or two, especially when I am probably not going to see them again for another eight months or so... We had a great few days, despite the fact that they were mad with me for getting home on Sunday morning from the night before! Bad girl, but we were partying for Jo Jo, and we ALL were so I have been forgiven! Eeeek! I do not think my parents will ever except the fact that I am a grown up. I will always have a curfew I am sure! At least if I am staying with them! I wonder if I will be like that with my kids one day?! Hmmm...?!


Marty picked me up from the airport after he finished work. Every Wednesday we go to the cinema as it's half price, and we are cheap skates! So I arrived, delayed, of course and we rushed off to the Cape Town Waterfront to see the movie 'The Lovely Bones.' I actually read the book a while ago, which was lovely, and it was nice to see how they adapted the movie. It always interests me watching movies, especially when I have read the book first. It is a very sad story about a young girl who is murdered, and she tells the story as she goes along. She is stuck in between heaven and earth because she has unfinished business until the murderer is found. Anyway, it shows the writer's idea of heaven, which looks just amazing. Waterfalls everywhere, beautiful big moons, suns, planets, fields of golden corn, water, forests... So much more, just beautiful. So when the end of the movie comes (I haven't ruined it, I promise!) She makes her way into heaven, and I got really upset, wondering whether that was where Joey had gone, and if it is anything like that. Marty just hugged me and I cried and cried, until we were the last people left in the cinema... Then the most amazing thing happened.. Which I will get to in a minute...


You see, the whole day on the aeroplane, I was looking out at the clouds. The clouds on the flight from Joburg to Cape Town were just spectacular. More beautiful than any other clouds I have ever seen. I kept on hoping my minds eye would show me something that I could think was Joey. I was hoping I would see him darting about the clouds, with all the gorgeous angel girls, (okay I suppose that is a bit far fetched!) I know... But I was hoping to see something that would make me think of Joey, and that I could take it as a sign that he was okay. I didn't see anything. I guess part of me thought I wouldn't anyway, but you always just hope don't you?!


When my beautiful Granny died last year, almost exactly to the day, the greatest thing happened whilst we were burying her. My Granny was the BIGGEST Elvis fan alive, she had Elvis mugs, Elvis ashtrays, Elvis handbags, Elvis T-Shirts, Elvis badge's, an awesome Elvis clock (that actually sings every hour! 'It's one o'clock baby, and you are always on my mind!' Say it with an Elvis voice!) plus much much more! She had nearly every LP he ever did, honestly, you wouldn't believe it, all the stuff she had! Anyway, when she died at the great age of 88, (I would much rather she was still around) we had her buried. It was a very sad time, but when we got to the grave yard and the whole process was going on, we had Elvis playing from the car radio, as it was only right that we should. Just as her coffin started going into the ground, the song came on... 'Return to sender, address unknown!' Can you believe it! Well, we all just giggled and knew that my Granny was telling us that she was okay, and that she was up there with Elvis jiving away!


So... Let me get back to what I was going to say... The movie had finished and everyone had left, Marty was trying to console me but I was very tearful. I think I will always get upset when I think of Jo because he was such an awesome guy and I will always think about him, and miss him. The actors, directors, producers names were coming up on the screen. This lady was singing this ordinary kind of movie-ending-song in the background, when, out of nowhere... Dogs started howling! In the song! Now that was one of Joey's trademark things, howling! We even howled at The Celebration of his life when the Chinese Lanterns were let off into the sky! It was nuts, and I thought I was hearing things! There were no dogs in the movie, well not of any significance anyway, the song was just an ordinary song too! It just came out of nowhere! I started to laugh! Well actually I was crying and laughing at the same time, have you ever done that?! I just knew that it was Joey telling me that he was okay. I know some of you may think it strange, but I just knew! There were many things as to why we went to that movie, on the day I arrived back, I was tired, Marty had booked it, we almost didn't go, but, I tell you what! I was so glad we did, it gave me that little piece of mind that he was okay, which made me feel okay. So I hope that whoever else needs it, something like that happens to them too! I know it is only silly, but little things like that help, even if it is just coincidence!


After the movie we got home to a COCKROACH infested flat! Shit shit shit!!! We literally walked in and the bloody bastards were everywhere! On the floor, on the walls, on the ceiling! My word! I was freaking out! The flat immediately to our left had a Chinese dude living there, and he had been evicted because his flat was a tip, so guess what! Welcome little cocks to our flat! (They say that the Chinese actually eat cockroach's – grrrosssse!!!) I was having a major tantrum, Marty was trying to collect them up, and I was just squishing them, left, right and centre! Apparently though, you are not mean't to kill them, as their eggs go everywhere, but I didn't care. 'DIE' I say!!! Thank heavens, our new lovely Landlord had already given us the key for our new flat, which is only around the corner from this other 'holiday' apartment! We went traipsing down the road at two am the following morning with as much as we could carry to our new place. After which it was as many visits as possible to collect all our stuff and get the hell out of there! They seem to disappear some what during the day, but popping back there the following evening was like take two! How many cans or big spray can you get through and they still don't die! I even half squished one and the other half of its body went skittering off! Nothing kills them! Aaaahhh!


We are all good now, and settled in our new place. Have a lot to do, and some furniture to buy, some painting to be done, and a maid to find, but we shall get there! I have a few different interviews this week, and my lovely friend Angie is so kindly helping me with my CV, which is a major issue! I almost need three different ones for all the different crazy and normal jobs that I have done in the last ten years of my life! I think she must regret offering to help me when she saw my blurb of stuff!


I am very excited though as I hear she is a pro at these sorts of things! I shall sign off now, and fill you in later on in the week as to what I have been getting up to. Hope everyone is well, and appreciating all the good things they have in life. Not everyone can do that, so make the most of what you have. Don't ever waste a thing! We only get one shot at this life.... X


P.S The pics are of my Granny with her various Elvis stuff and then two of her when she was younger! Wasn't she just gorgeous! x


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Nats. Glad to hear you are in your new home. Happy nesting! See you soon. love'n'hugs from auntie jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just like her my friend, completely gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete