Me!

Me!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

20th April 2010
























Hello everybody... Hope you all had a good weekend... I am once again in bed pretty early. Am so tired at the moment, think I spend far too much time on the computer everyday and it drains me so much! The problem is, I do so much work, and scouting for work, and finding connections that if I don't go on and I am not working, I feel as though I am being lazy! It is a no win situation!

I am getting to the stage where I feel as though my brain is going to pop! I used to be like this in London, and things changed when I left and I felt a lot less stressed. Now for some reason I think the stress is slowly making its way back! I think I am just trying to do so many things, and don't have enough time you know?!

I am firstly trying to promote my new company 'AFRODIZZYACTS' which of course really needs a website, but I cannot afford to do that right now. I attempted to start making my own one on iweb, which doesn't look too bad, but I reckon it could be done better. I have a lovely friend in Joburg who has offered to help me, which is really kind, but I feel a bit bad asking as I know he is busy too. I then have to get all the information, pictures etc ready to send through to him so we can actually start, so that will be at least a day or two of a mission. I am constantly trying to promote Marty and myself in every way possible, contacting Event Companies, Night Clubs, Restaurants, Bars, Shopping Centres, Hotels, Promotional Agencies - have so many more to get hold of, I haven't even done a quarter of what I am aiming to do. I have however set up a page on facebook, so do have a search for 'Afrodizzyacts' on there and you will be able to see some more pics.

I would also like to get involved in Children's Parties, as we are giant clowns on stilts, I do face painting, teach art to children, and I am sure we could help with the party planning too. As well as hopefully getting some extra baby sitting jobs on the side to make some extra cash, seeing as I do not have a full-time job! We did land a publication in a children's magazine which is being published in May, so fingers crossed that goes well.

I am trying to paint as much as I can too, and trying to find contacts here in Cape Town who would sell some of my art. This is seeming to be a lot harder than it was in London. I have done four paintings so far, and need to spend a day googling every art gallery in Cape Town and sending off my pictures in the hope that one of them at least will put them up for sale. I have a commission of a massive 2.3m x 1.7m painting for friends in Joburg and I am looking forward to doing that. Obviously I will not charge the normal rate as they are mates, but hope to make a little profit anyhow. That is my mission for the month of May. I love painting, and want to continue, but until I find an outlet it is kind of silly filling the flat up with hundreds of brightly coloured crazy paintings!

Oh! I must tell you the good news though! After three weeks of Marty & I sleeping in a single bed, our gorgeous double bed arrived today, and our even more gorgeous charcoal corner couch! The only trouble being the old furniture is still here, once again, fingers crossed that all gets collected tomorrow morning! Then it is just the wait for some money, so we can have some custom made cupboards made (not to worry, have investigated, they are all reasonably priced! If not cheaper than the shops!) We are just getting some white cupboards made for the lounge for all the stilts, fancy dress stuff, art stuff, extra katundoo (african word for junk!) and all my bloody clothes!!! Aaaah!!! (Note... hoarder...Aaah!) We are making a book shelf too and a smaller cupboard for our bedroom.

Okay so the next thing is, the photography world. I still love my photography and I am keen to set up my own wedding photography business but that is a whole other ball game! I know I can do it, and that I am capable, but this is the trouble when you do so many things! It is really good money, but with all the other stuff going on in my life, I just don't seem to be able to focus on that fully. I must try a bit harder in this area though. I went on a book binding course last weekend and very proudly made a beautiful book out of recycled paper which could be a photo album, diary, or anything of the sort. So I could take the pictures, edit the pictures, make the album and have a whole package. Then comes the problem that I need to buy a new flash gun, photoshop for my Apple ($$$ lots of bucks,) add more to my non-existant website, gain some more confidence and make a name for myself... Lots to do hey!?

Marty and I are hopefully doing an advert next week which should be decent money, and then there are a couple more things bubbling for May. Then of course it is the World Cup! Lets hope all that goes well. I don't suppose I will be able to focus on anything permanent or too serious until all that is over, but by then I may pop to London for a while, so crikey, think this year is just going to be a crazy, higgledy piggeldy year! Let's just hope it is loads and loads of fun and that we do end up making some decent money!

I know there must be at least another seven thousand things that I am doing that keeps me busy, and my overloaded mind working on high speed! Trying to exercise, eat healthier (am getting rather porky me thinks!) Writing this blog, trying to keep in touch with all my friends & family, possibly becoming a comedian's right hand man, organising cupboards to be built, organising my crazy props to be built, looking for jobs, advertising myself in every area I can think of (that is relevant to me of course!) Trying to keep on top of the flat in London, and hope that is running smoothly, day dreaming about all the great places I still want to go and see, and how I am going to do it!? Trying to be as good at this girlfriend thing as I can be. Washing, cleaning, tidying, organising, cooking, shopping, trying to stop smoking, watching my two favourite TV shows each week (and not missing them by planning other stuff which I always seem to do!) Looking out for cool fun stuff that is happening in Cape Town, buying tickets, not feeling as though I am missing London... Trying to save money as I have so many things I still need to buy for this flat, for my company... Man... There is so much crap that just swirls around my head! I am not even reading enough, and that was the one thing I was hoping to do more in Africa, I never had time in London. At least I can say that I am a go-getter, and let's just hope that one day I will land my big break! Perhaps then I will calm down a little?!

I have attached pics from our job on Saturday... Human Tables... great fun, but my design is 100 times better... I nearly broke my back! Thank goodness I have an hourly rate! Ciao for now! The crazy woman!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know where you find the time, Nats! My days are busy enough just researching for my blog, blogging, looking after little T, the odd bit of office work and the general household chores.
    Good luck with everything - especially the healthy eating. Health is paramount in your business. xxx

    ReplyDelete